Hello beauties, welcome back. So, we have today the second part of my empties vol.3; which talks about all the hair, makeup and good smelling products I have finished up.
So let’s get into the details, shall we?
- TRESemmé Heat Defence Hair Protector : I liked it, it’s great, it definitely made a difference; at least in my conscience. But it definitely my hair now faces less damage by the heat after using this. Now, I already opened another one, just cause it’s good basically. Will I repurchase this? Definitely!
2. Organix Argan Oil of Morocco Hair Butter : This can be used on wet hair as a mask, or can be used as a leave-in conditioner, either way it’s a really good product, but I have noticed one thing; it works better as a mask more than as a leave-in conditioner, so I prefer buying with the intention to use it as a mask, cause it works phenomenally as mask. this range is possibly the best range in all of Organix hair products; trust me on that. Will I repurchase it? YES!
3. Organix Argan Oil of Morocco Hair Conditioner : This also a great conditioner, it’s very hydrating and softening, it definitely soften my ends, plus it smells really good, the whole argan oil range smell really good, and gives a pleasant showers. Will I repurchase it? absolutely.
4. Organix Argan Oil of Morocco Hair Shampoo : The shampoo is great too. it cleanses the hair without drying it out, but this range it moisturizing so I wouldn’t recommend it for oily hair. and especially if you have fine hair. cause moisture is the purpose of this hair line.
5. Dove Refresh + Care Dry Shampoo : this is an amazing, affordable dry shampoo, it smells great, it doesn’t leave any white residue, and it does not leave any oiliness in your hair. Will I repurchase it? Yes.
6. The Body Shop Brazilian Nut Define& No Frizz Styling Cream : If you like VERY lightweight product, this one is for you. but I didn’t notice anything while using it. It didn’t do any harm for my hair, but it was “meh” kind of product, wouldn’t bother buying it again. Will I repurchase it? No.
7. L’Oreal Elnett Satin Normal Hold Hairspray : I got this because I needed it for a hair emergency, and I couldn’t get out of the house, so I asked my uncle to get me one. and he got me the normal hold. normally, I don’t go for normal hold, I go straight to the extreme hold; the extremest that I got get. but I have tried the normal hold. it didn’t hold pretty well. I would say if you want a hairspray you gotta do it right and go EXTREME; Go big or go home. Will repurchase it? the product is great, but the hold is just no.
8. Garnier Ultra Doux Honey Treasures Hair Oil : It’s called “Ultra Doux” in the Middle East but in the US it’s called “Whole Blends”, and in the UK it’s called “Ultimate Blends”. anyways, this hair serum is great, this whole range of hair products is great, like Garnier really stepped up their game. but I am a sucker for packaging and the Garnier hair serum packaging is pretty ok. Will I repurchase it? Maybe.
9. TRESemmé Argan Hair Oil : Originally, my sister bought this herself, but then I used it up with her, and I feel like it’s a great product, it’s definitely a lightweight hair oil/serum, which is great for when I heat style my hair. Because; although I have normal to dry hair; my hair have the tendency to get oily when I use heat on it. For example, usually my hair starts to get oil on day 4, where if I heat style it, it will get pretty oily on day 3. so I always prevent applying so much moisture on my hair (I will do an updated hair care soon, haven’t decided when.. yet.) but yeah. Will I repurchase it? Probably.
- Beautyblender Pure Beauty Blender : Mine definitely does NOT look pure (lol!). But this is the white beauty blender (sorry for the color, it’s just I used it so much). And I got it cause of the color, it was my very first beauty blender, I didn’t really know a difference between all of the colors ((FYI: the black one is the “Pro Beauty Blender; which is the softest, the pink one is the “Original Beauty Blender”; which is a little harder, and finally the white one is the “Pure Beauty Blender”; which is the hardest of them all. They recently came out with “Nude Beauty Blender”; which is great it’s not too soft or too hard, right in the middle.)). But it was so hard to work with. Like, the beauty blender itself is pretty hard and just feels like you’re just punching yourself instead of pouncing a beauty blender on your face. and then I got the black (Pro) and I LOVE it so much. Will I repurchase it? NO.
2. The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 4 Deep : OMG, this bronzer is SO OLD! Even The Body Shop changed the packaging, but to be completely honest, I really liked this bronzer, although it had an orange undertone, but since I’m warm; I’m totally okay with that, it actually smells like honey, which is fantastic. the shade was perfect for me too. Will I repurchase it again? Why not.
3. Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit : I was so excited when I got this back in Dubai 2014, cause I have to work hard to cover my dark circles, and I couldn’t find concealers that will do the job (that was before I bought my Benefit corrector). So when I got this, I was ready to face the world with new, well-covered under eyes. The Creamy Concealer: the shade was phenomenal ( I think my shade was Warm Beige). It had a nice peachy undertone, to combat the blue under my eyes, everything was okay. But, let me tell you something; It doesn’t blend nicely without a beauty blender, I tried it with my fingers, it was okay, but as soon as apply some powder on it, completely ruined </3. But, if you use a beauty blender, everything will workout fine. The Sheer Finish Pressed Powder in Pale Yellow: This powder is SO GOOD, it’s very nice and brightening, it doesn’t look too yellow, and it adds some coverage. Like, I would only apply some BB cream with some of this on top, and BOOM! under eyes brightened! it is so good, and it’s also pretty thin under the eyes, I didn’t experience and dryness under my eyes and I have pretty dry under eye area. Will repurchase it? Not the kit, just the powder probably.
4. Bourjois Effet 3D Lipgloss in 52 Corail Idyllic : I honestly got this long ago, because I wanted a lipgloss that would tone down the vibrancy in a lipstick that I got (MAC Vegas Volt; super coral-y). and as I grew up, my love for lipglosses started to decrease (and along with that, the lip liner and liquid lipstick trend came out). And then the “hole where there’s the product inside of it” (hope you got that), broke slightly; which made it so messy and pretty unusable, so I had to throw it away. Will I repurchase it? No.
5. The Body Shop Brow & Liner Kit in 3 Brown & Black : So many people recommended this, and I went right away and got it since it’s pretty affordable. It got 2 colors, a dark charcoal brown, and a dark charcoal grey (it’s not black), I used the brown for my brows for the most part, and used the black grey for smudging out black eyeliner or just add a tiny definition to the eyes. As a brow powder, it’s good; but it’s pretty powdery for a brow powder, and as for an eyeshadow, it works pretty well. Will I repurchase it? No, There’s a lot better brow products and eyeshadows on the market; won’t waste my time with it.
6. Benefit Go TropiCoral Kit : The kit contains:- High Beam (deluxe), Cha Cha Tint (deluxe), Coralista Blush (deluxe), and Coralista Lipgloss (deluxe). Now this kit is a great bargain if you want to try some products from Benefit, but you’re not sure about it, the concept of it is great, the size of the products is also pretty good. Let’s talk about the products inside.. High Beam:- gave it to my mom, cause my mom has a much lighter skin tone than me (she’s “Ivory”), her skin can handle the more silvery tones than me. the product itself is phenomenal, it gives a wonderful sheen and glow to the skin. Cha Cha Tint:- this product is also great, it gives a coral-y, peachy color to the cheeks, suits my olive skin more than any of the tints they have. but it turns out I’m not a tint kind of girl, but I could still use this product for some very natural looks. Coralista: Oh, the “famous” Coralista blush, even Katy Perry love this blush, but news flash; it doesn’t show up on me. Coralista Lipgloss: I have loved the formula of the Benefit lipglosses, very creamy and moisturizing, not so sticky, but the tube makes it kind of cheap in a way, I hate squeeze-y tube lipglosses, and the color is really pigmented. What Happened To These Products Now? Since I gave the High Beam to mama, I used it so much on that It has been used up and thrown away. As for Cha Cha Tint; still using it. And as for Coralista powder blush, you can see for yourself here . And finally; for the Coralista gloss, I tried to give it to my cousin cause she loves makeup, but she didn’t like it. So it’s in the back of my makeup drawer. Will I repurchase it? No.
7. NYX Round Lipstick in Narcissus : This lipstick came out so horrible on my skin tone, that I had to use it as a cream blush, plus it’s uncomfortably creamy and the smell is so bad. Will I repurchase it? NO.
8. Revlon Lip Butter in Cotton Candy : I don’t think they sell these anymore, but I used to love the formula, but this color is a slight fail for me, it was sheer and gave my lips a light, very sheer, cool-toned pink, with some golden sheen to it. Plus, it’s very moisturizing and it MUSHES! Will I repurchase it? Probably not since it’s discontinued, but overall; I didn’t like this product.
9. Maybelline Baby Lips in Fruit Punch : I got it because of Bethany Mota, I mean the product itself is great and hydrating. But the color, the color is pretty unflattering on me. Would I repurchase it? Maybe the one with no color in it.
10. The Body Shop All-in-One InstaBlur Eye Primer : My sister gave this to me, she said that it’s an “okay” kind of primer, I didn’t like it at all; it doesn’t help with creasing and when I try to blend it, it ends up rubbing off my eyelids. Will I repurchase it?No.
11. Benefit Gimme Brow : This product is great, as much as people loved it so much, I still prefer the L’Oreal Brow Artist Plumper; I find it much more effective than the Benefit. But this one adds texture, and it just looks natural and feels natural. But also one of its cons; that the bottle is so small, that you end up finishing it up way faster than you think. Will I repurchase it? Probably not.
12. Dior Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup : I got this foundation as a sample, I loved this unexpectedly; because it’s not really one of those raved about foundation, but then; it’s Dior. I usually use the Nars All Day Luminous Weightless foundation; and I absolutely love it, but it’s matte. whereas this one, it’s more of a satin finish. Will I repurchase it? I don’t know, maybe. It is something to think about.
13. Claire’s Blush Brush : This came in a brush kit, my mom got me when I was 11. this is probably my most used brush from the kit. but since it’s cheap, the bristles are not soft, and it sheds like crazy. Will I repurchase it? Absolutely NOT.
14. Victoria’s Secret Flirty Pinks On-The-Go Face Kit : This one also my mom got me when I was 11, along with the Pink perfume (it was soooo goood!) but yeah, this kit contains, a mirror, 1st row, 2nd row, and 3rd row… 1st row: a dark, bright pink lipgloss (cream finish), a shimmering light pink gloss (shimmer finish), a light nude gloss (I don’t remember the finish)+ a mini lip brush. 2nd row: a satin very light pink eye shadow (satin), a silver-y taupe/ i feel like it has a green tint to it (metallic), and a pink gold shadow (shimmer)+ a double sided eyeshadow brush. 3rd row: a peachy pink blush (shimmer), and light bronzer-suits very light skintones (matte).
15. NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Glow : In the site it says the color is plummy pink, but it’s not. It’s peachy pink color; let’s talk about the the formula, the formula is great, it blends like a dream, and I use to use it all the time, I even hit pan on it, but then the lid broke, and it started to get really gross, so I stopped using it, and to be honest, I grew over the color of it. Will I repurchase it? No, cause I’m over the cream blushes. but overall the product is amazing.
- White Barn Japanese Cherry Blossom : I liked the scent, but not as much as Mahogany Teakwood, but I got the 3 wick one because my mom and my sister liked this one better than the Mahogany Teakwood, and I share rooms with my sister, so that’s why. Will I repurchase it? Not sure. probably not.
2. White Barn Mahogany Teakwood : I LOVE this scent, my mom and sister didn’t like it as much, but then they thought it burns better than the Japanese Cherry Blossom, (always happens to me). It says in the site that it has mahogany, oak, and frosted lavender. And OMG, there was a 3 wick, intense version which looked so much better than the original one, it was black and gold (I almost cried when I saw it, and I was like:”next time I am getting you”. Will I repurchase it? Hell yeah.
3. Chanel Coco Noir : “Magnetic and uncompromising, COCO NOIR reveals a black that is intimate, seductive and intensely brilliant. Striking top notes of Grapefruit and Bergamot accentuate the floral accord, with Rose and Jasmine, while Indonesian Patchouli and Sandalwood notes add warmth.” -Sephora.com.. I definitely agree with the fact that it’s really attractive and sexy, but elegant, think of a woman in a black tie party, wearing a long, long sleeved gown, with a sleek low chignon, and simple eye makeup with red lipstick on, that’s how I would picture the woman who would wear it. It’s definitely a nighttime scent, and I love Jasmine and Sandalwood so much, I think both of them are the main notes in a sexy scent. and I live for warm and slightly floral scents. Will I repurchase it? YES!
4. Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Teazzurra Fragrance (sample) : It’a very citrus-y, that’s for sure, but it’s not like casual citrus-y like Dolce & Gabbana Light blue, it’s very elegant, and the bottle is GORGEOUS! I don’t remember much of it, cause it’s a sample, but I do remember that I liked it, and it leaned towards the citrus scent. Will I repurchase it? Maybe, there are another fragrances on top of the list. And I think it was limited edition.
5. Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (sample) : It’s definitely warm and powdery. I liked it, cause as you know I love warm scents as much as I love fresh scents. and something I didn’t like about it is that it sort of had a little too sweet scent, and I HATE sweet scents. So that’s a downside of it, and you can tell that the sweetness came from the black cherries as the top notes, and the almonds with berries, and there’s some floral-y hint to it with the rose in the middle note and finally, the licorice which gives the sweetness and smokey black tea to give warmth. Will I repurchase it? I don’t think so, it’s way too sweet for me.
So, that was it for my empties vol.3; hope you guys liked, and I am sorry that I haven’t written through the whole month of August, but I was so busy, I went to Jordan (I didn’t take photos cause it came so surprisingly and I didn’t have the camera with me.) but Jordan was AMAZING! Definitely a new experience for me, and the people are so nice and gorgeous there. and Ohhhh! the weather is phenomenal in Jordan.
Thank you guys so much for reading and I’ll see you next time.